Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Update

EP had her first cross country meet this weekend. It was at the same place her first meet last year took place. It is a fairly hard course as there are a couple of ugly hills in it. Last year she ran 21:38 for two miles. At the end of the year last year she had taken 4 minutes off her time finishing up at 17 something minutes. This year she ran that course in 19:08 so she is off to a good start. That time put her #46 out of 98 runners and just compared to the 8 girls on her team she came in 3rd, behind #2 only by 17 seconds. I think she'll do real well this year.

CE had a tryout for a local travel softball team on Sunday. From the way the coach talked she made the team. What this means is more running around and more money out of my bank account. But I think it will be lots of fun for her. Hopefully going into middle school this year she will be able to do softball and keep up her studies.

Today is obviously Monday. Everything that could go wrong today has! I hope your day has gone better than mine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Aha! So this is where it all happens! I started to ask if you used initials to protect your family's privacy but then I noticed the "Cast of Characters" to the side. I am actually planning an entry in the near future based on blog privacy because of some comments made about mine Sunday at church.

Way to go EP! That is fantastic! You'll have to let me know how travel team goes. We thought about letting Tyler try out for a travel baseball team but he elected to focus on tennis instead. And now he wants to take up golf! Anyway, CE seems like the type to be able to manage it all--she seems to really be into softball.

Oh, by the way, Tyler thinks your blog design is "really cool!"

Firewyvern said...

shover - travel sure will be interesting.

andrea - i try to keep all specific details out (took me a long time before i would even consider a "personal" blog). I'm glad Tyler likes the design :)