Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What to do with old bananas.

When I was very young, my dad would whip up some drinks for us. I preferred rum and coke, while he ... NO, NO, NO!

One of my favorites is kind of a cross between "soup" and a milkshake. It's all in how you make it and it's all a matter of taste. It's a great way to use up those bananas that are turning brown.

Peel them and put them in a blender.
Add a LITTLE milk.
Add a bunch (to taste) of sugar.
Blend the crap out of it.
Pour it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon (my personal favorite).
(The more milk the thinner it will be ... you can make it more milk-shaky if you wanna).

Dad had a special name for it ... Banana Goop.

I think I'll make some for my kids! Long live the goop!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you know..that almost sounds good....lol I used to eat bananas and milk and sugar in a bowl...so this sounds similar. Banana goop.....kinda yummy....lol