Thursday, April 03, 2008

Add To The Insanity

Look at me making sacrifices! I am NOT playing hockey this session because simply we don't have the time. CE is on a 12U travel softball team and they are currently into two-a-week practices. What this means is every Tuesday and Thursday we are running to softball practice. The last weekend in April will start the first weekend long tournaments. May will bring 3 more tournaments as well as practice days as before. Then it all breaks loose! June starts the "season" with games on Tuesdays and Thursdays AND tournaments every weekend. So we are going to have softball 5 out of the 7 days of the week. All of this will culminate in July with the trip to Georgia for the Fastpitch World Series. So what? Let's not forget that every other Tuesday are 4H meetings. There are also Girl Scout meetings on Tuesdays. To add to this, our local fair, the wrap up for 4H (essentially) is mid-June!

Can there be more you ask?
OH YES THERE CAN!

Two days ago I received a phone call from a coach. He needs another player for his 14U softball team. He was told to call me to see if EP wanted to play!
She does. I think the real clincher to her wanting to play was the idea of her playing against her OLD team. I don't know if she's looking to meet up with old friends or hopes to drive them into the dirt with a crushing defeat! Either way, she really wants to play. I can't very well tell her "no, because CE makes life too crazy for you to do anything". That wouldn't be very good parenting ... although, it would prevent my brains from leaking out my ears. Hmmmm. Anywhoooo. She is gonna play and their games are in ... well ... JUNE! Tuesdays and Fridays. YES ... TUESDAYS!!!
What I really need is ONE more thing to do on Tuesday. So I called the coach and told him. Yes she wants to play ... BUT ... and I explained the schedule conflicts and that she may need a constant ride to games and practices. He seemed happy to have her and said we'd work something out. So here we go! Hang on tight! It would have been better to have had games on Monday and Wednesday though as that would have put softball seven days a week! Rock on!

1 comment:

Shover Robot said...

That's some Schedule all right!

Hope your up for the Challenge and can stay awake at work :)

Good Luck CE and EP and of course Mom and Dad :)